I’m well again! No coughing, no sniffling, no congestion–and best of all–no wandering around the apartment like a mindless zombie. After 2 months of wondering what it feels like to be normal again, I am indeed myself again. With renewed energy, I’ve been excited to head back into the kitchen and start up the baking again. This post? Involves absolutely no baking–just a wonderfully fast and easy way to whip up some deliciousness.
Before I get into the Cheesecake stuffed strawberries–I just want to give you guys a look at THE BEST BIRTHDAY GIFT (EVER)! Every so often, I tinker with the idea about getting a DSLR…but I always end up chickening out of making such a huge purchase. But it was time…and I decided I was going to do it. Leave it to Mike (aka best fiance in the world) to rush out and get me one before my designated April 1st purchase. So, I am now the proud owner of the Canon Rebel T1i (and a Canon Rebel T1i for Dummies book I’ve yet to read). It’s beautiful!
Okay, onward with the recipe! Mike’s cousin sent me a link to this recipe a few months back and now that we’re back in strawberry season, I was excited about giving it a try. Strawberries stuffed with cheesecake? Ingenious! I had a baby shower to attend this weekend, and I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to give these guys a shot. And–they were DELICIOUS! To top it off, they’re super easy! And to answer your question–yes, they taste just as you’d expect them to.
Make them…make them now!
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
Original Recipe from Indigo’s Sugar Spectrum
Good for about 20 servings ( 2 green baskets of strawberries)
2 green baskets of Strawberries, washed and dried.
1 8oz package of Cream Cheese, softened
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
¾ cup Powdered Sugar
6-8 Graham Crackers, crushed
Semisweet chocolate, melted (optional)
- Once the strawberries are dry, slice off a bit of one side.
- Take a melon baller and spoon out the center of the strawberry, being careful to keep the walls of the strawberry intact.
- To make the cheesecake filling: With a mixer, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth and fluffy.
- Now, take the strawberry and fill the center with the cheesecake filling.
- Spoon the graham cracker crumbs over the stuffed strawberries. Take a spoon and gently pat the graham crackers into the filling until crumbs “stick.”
- Drizzle strawberries with melted chocolate*.
- Place strawberries in refrigerator until ready to be enjoyed.
*Whenever I plan to drizzle desserts with melted chocolate/candy melts–I use Wilton squeeze bottles. Fill the bottles with your choice of chocolate and carefully place bottle in a small pot with hot water to melt. Super easy and a super neat way to enhance any dessert. You can easily find them at your local Michael’s Craft Store.